Stuck on Stupid Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmbgeg

Engineer
I have met many of you at the last Gathering. Give me grief, but I have alternated from a sleeper bedroom passenger to a first class flyer. It started with a $6k quote SPK-MIA. I am still a railfan.

Last weekend I made a stupid choice. I did a 2X Hyatt award. 20k miles. I had 25k in the bank. Can I redeposit? Thanks to Jim Hudson et al who may reply.

I have met many of you at the last Gathering. Give me grief, but I have alternated from a sleeper bedroom passenger to a first class flyer. It started with a $6k quote SPK-MIA. I am still a railfan.

Last weekend I made a stupid choice. I did a 2X Hyatt award. 20k miles. I had 25k in the bank. Can I redeposit? Thanks to Jim Hudson et al who may reply.
I assume you purchased two Hyatt $100 gift cards for 10,000 points each = 20,000 AGR points. Per AGR, all hotel gift cards and certificates are non-refundable.

Already answered John (if you used Points for a Hotel Room Award think you could cancel that and get your Points back, call AGR if so!!!) Sorry to hear that the Amtrak Bedroom Prices are forcing you onto Planes! :( As weve discussed, perhaps you could consider a Roomette, especially on the Builder and the Starlight which you ride alot! I know I cant afford the High Bucket Sleepers that are showing up right now, so have to ride Coach, use my AGR Card on everything I can, and take advantage of all Bonus Promos I can! Saving up for the Gathering to PHL in the fall, the Annual Freeloading Trip to California is already scheduled for August! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
If they haven't mailed yet, they might allow you to cancel the redemption. I would certainly give AGR a call and see what they can do for you. However, as per the fine print, that is a non-refundable redemption.

Back