Strasburg Mini Gathering?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which day(s) are you available?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing they joined the Thomas thing in with this for two reasons: kids are going to be the compass holders of future policy decisions, and with the starvation of new blood in the present U.S. rail manufacturing this is a wise idea.
Are you saying that it's wise to hook children now so that when the time comes they'll support Amtrak's acquisition of small, blue, tank-type steam locomotives with human facial features?

I'm guessing they joined the Thomas thing in with this for two reasons: kids are going to be the compass holders of future policy decisions, and with the starvation of new blood in the present U.S. rail manufacturing this is a wise idea.
Are you saying that it's wise to hook children now so that when the time comes they'll support Amtrak's acquisition of small, blue, tank-type steam locomotives with human facial features?
Hey, it works for me.

Someone with more Photoshop skills then me needs to put Thomas's face onto a P42. We can put them on T-shirts and scare all the kids while we're there...

:lol:

Well, just like the railfans of yesteryears have almost fully gotten over the K4 and J1 faces, and are slowly getting over the GG-1, E8 and even F40 faces, and getting used to AEM-7, P42, Acela and HHP-8 faces, I am sure the next generation will be able to evolve from the Thomas face :p

Bump for those that missed this the first time around.

Looks like 6/25 is in the lead with 11 folks.
Ryan, is June 25th the Strasburg Mini Gathering date or is it still up in the air?

While you're in the area, if you get a chance, check out: National Christmas Museum . Allow at least 2 hours to walk through it. The first time I went I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised.

Don't know if I'll get up to Strasburg for the Anniversary Train or not. I live about 1 hour away, but have plans for one of those weekends already.

Sounds good to me, I'll be there!

Penny, are you going to be back up this way in June?
I was considering making a special trip up that way since I have not been to Amish Country, however, I do not have enough AGR points and after checking the Amtrak website, I realized that the Silvers are at pretty high buckets, so I do not think I can financially justify the trip. (even though I would like to meet you since we have the same birthday (a few decades apart :lol: )).

I will arrive in Strasburg around 11am on the 25th (leaving NJ around 7:30am). I will overnight in the area and on the 26th I will return home by the way of Scranton Steam Town. So it will be a general "freak out with steam" weekend in addition to 40th anniversary train. If any one needs a ride to Strasburg from NJ let me know. Happy to drop you back at Lancaster Amtrak station if you desire to get back from there on the 25th too.

Sadly I will miss you two guys above.. I have to drop my girlfriend at the airport that day being the 25th around 9am, and it takes about 2 hours to get to Strasburg from The Philly area. But I would have to stop at home to pick up my Dad, which is a good hour after I'm done at the airport. So I wouldn't get out to Strasburg till 1 or 2PM so IMO it's not worth it that day. So right now it's just a debate of which day to go. I think I'll leave it up to my Dad.

Hey Jis and the rest! I will be there on Sat 25th around 12 noon. It's going to be a day trip for me: in via the Keystone from NY then get a car and drive to Strasburg. As for lunch I will work with group like Train Day in DC. Dinner will be a grab as I go affair, as I'm on the Keystone 5:30 to NYC, maybe quick stop at outlet stores. I'm excited once again, to reprise the fun and excitement!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back