Strangest train I've been on

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCoastHiawatha

OBS Chief
Left left NYP an hour early on Regional 66, they didn't bother scanning our ticket and now were stopping at New Rochelle which is not even scheduled. Its confirmed that we are on 66 with arrival into Back Bay (my final destination) at the regularly scheduled time. Im just mighty confused. There was a service disruption on the line a few hours earlier so that might have something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You say you just left NYP - at 2:23?
huh.gif
It's not scheduled to depart for 20 minutes later!
blink.gif
What if someone arrived at NYP for #66 at 2:30' and found it had left? I doubt they would be happy campers!
mad.gif

EDIT: I think you were dreaming! You posted at 2:23 am, but the website status says #66 departed NYP at 3:02 am!
blink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
huh.gif
blink.gif
What if someone arrived at NYP for #66 at 2:30' and found it had left? I doubt they would be happy campers!
mad.gif

EDIT: I think you were dreaming! You posted at 2:23 am, but the website status says #66 departed NYP at 3:02 am!
blink.gif
I later found out what had happened the station staff had put those of us that were currently waiting for 66 on the extremely (6 hours) late 132 and I had assumed since we were boarding at about 2:00 that it was the 66 since it was shown as arrived on time and the fact that the station staff had announced that 66 was boarding at track 12 and even checked our tickets and directed us to board (didn't help that I was already pretty tired from traveling from Montreal). Then we pull out a few minutes later and I knew something was wrong. The conductors even made an announcement of the stations served and arrival times that matched 66. The status map said otherwise. So in the end I arrived at back one hour earlier then I would have and had to reauthorize my ticket to Portland, ME since the conductor never scanned my ticket for NYP-BBY. All in all I really strange night, but I got to my final destination of Portland in one piece.

huh.gif
blink.gif
mad.gif

blink.gif
everyone is allowed one dream a year where their train arrives, leaves and arrives EARLY!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back