Storm on NEC 2/3

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

Engineer
I'm glad this storm in the northeast did not happen a few hours earlier. Even so, it is making a mess of travel around NYC.

We at AU like to put down The Weather Channel. However I have to give them credit this morning. On a report from PHL, it was reported that "... the roads are a mess, the airport has major delays but Amtrak is operating on time."

Very seldom is Amtrak even mentioned, and even less so in a good light!

OH - A weather storm. I was afraid we were talking about Broncos fans The Day After...
Yeah, too bad the Victorious Seahawks and their Fans have to go back to Seattle and have their Parade in Cold, Rainy Weather but it beats Denver in the Snow and Below Zero! A New Dynasty is Born!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
they called for 3-5 inches here in Appalachian Ohio
20142-3-1425_zpse15fb3b2.jpg

, it was more than 6 before it was done,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
2314.jpgHere's how the NE snowstorm affected us today. View from my pasture at about 3:00 this afternoon, temperature 81F (above!). Sorry to all my northern friends.

they called for 3-5 inches here in Appalachian Ohio, it was more than 6 before it was done,,,
So you got our snow! We were supposed to get 4-8". I think we got about an inch of slush.
We got our forecast 4 to 8 inches and then some, probably more like 10 inches here. but the parking lots and roads are already cleared and passable, so no big deal really. The airports are a mess. Amtrak and NJT are doing fine.

they called for 3-5 inches here in Appalachian Ohio, it was more than 6 before it was done,,,
So you got our snow! We were supposed to get 4-8". I think we got about an inch of slush.
We got our forecast 4 to 8 inches and then some, probably more like 10 inches here. but the parking lots and roads are already cleared and passable, so no big deal really. The airports are a mess. Amtrak and NJT are doing fine.
It was it or miss down this way. We were on the "border".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back