Storing luggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Train Guy

Train Attendant
I am traveling on the CZ from Denver to Sacramento, arriving early afternoon on 1/9. I then board the CS to Seattle that same day at 11:59pm. I want to see Sacramento but need to store my luggage. Can I do that at Union Station? Thanks.

Thanks. Will they deliver bag to roomette if I check it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Will they deliver bag to roomette if I check it?
I'm quite sure they won't because checked baggage is put in the baggage car - as far as I know. There may, however, be someplace at the station where you can store your bag for later pickup by you. Best thing to do is use some directory service to find the local phone number for the SAC station and call them.

The ticket counter at SAC day checked luggage for me on the reverse connection (Starlight to Zephyr) at no charge.
Many years ago, I stored luggage at ticket counter for the same connection and was charged $3/bag.

Yes they will hold your bag(s) for pickup before 10PM or you can check anything you will not need on the train to Seattle from either DEN or SAC.

I checked 2 bags in Bakersfield to Klamath Falls on Sunday. It was handy not to have to move them from one train to the next at Sacramento.

Your first stop after getting off the CZ should be the California Railroad Museum in Old Town Sacramento (within walking distance). They close at 5PM.

The SAC station has 'baggage storage'.
I was there last month.
They stored my bags overnight at no charge, though I tipped the agent $5 the next day when I collected my bags.
It's my understanding the the normal 'baggage storage' charge is $4 a bag for 24 hours.
https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241267371727

Temporary Bag Storage
Customers holding tickets for travel may store their items in Parcel Check service when available for $4.00 per 24 hours[/size]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am traveling on the CZ from Denver to Sacramento, arriving early afternoon on 1/9. I then board the CS to Seattle that same day at 11:59pm. I want to see Sacramento but need to store my luggage. Can I do that at Union Station? Thanks.
  • Your carry on luggage can be stored at the station. $4 if you're in coach, free for sleeper passengers (I did this)
  • Luggage checked at Denver with destination Seattle will be held and transferred for you. You won't have access to it until you arrive at Seattle.
  • Given the long layover involved, consider checking a bag from Denver to SAC, claiming it, then checking it to Seattle from there. If there's things you won't need until you're on the Starlight, this is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back