store bags at NOL?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroCat

Train Attendant
I will be riding the City of New Orleans from Chicago to New Orleans for a cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. In a way, my cruise will start as soon as I step on the train. I have a roomette and am very much looking foward to this trip.

Here's my question: on the way back, I will have roughly four hours between exiting the ship and the departure time for the train. Is there a place to store bags at the station? If not, how early before boarding can I check bags? I would like to have lunch in the French Quarter, but don't want to lug bags with me.

New Orleans will allow you to day check your bags for a fee. You can also simply check your bags to your destination if you like upon arrival.

If you day check, be sure to allow at least an hour to reclaim them, as the Redcaps could be busy loading checked bags onto the train, so you might have to wait a bit to reclaim your day-checked bags.

AFAIK, there is no limitation on early check-in of baggage. I have sometimes checked my luggage the night before in order to facilitate a smooth early-morning departure.

Well, if there is no problem with checking bags early, then that is what we'll do. After checking the bags, we'll take a cab and have a nice meal. This is good news. If I have four hours to spend in New Orleans, I would rather spend them someplace else than watching my bags in a waiting area.

Well, if there is no problem with checking bags early, then that is what we'll do. After checking the bags, we'll take a cab and have a nice meal. This is good news. If I have four hours to spend in New Orleans, I would rather spend them someplace else than watching my bags in a waiting area.
The Jackson Street Brewery and the area within a few blocks of it along Decatur Street is a fun, walkable and fairly safe area to spend a couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back