St. Louis, MO Amtrak Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chertling

Lead Service Attendant
Why has this project faced so many delays???? Wasn't it supposed to be open this past spring?

Based on what I saw this afternoon, It looks like the station may be only a few days from opening... albeit with only one platform... they are allready using the southern platform, but there was still wet concrete between the area we unloaded and the stairs up to the new terminal. The concrete for the northern platform hasn't yet been poured. If the concrete dries in time on the southern platform, maybe I will get to use the new station on my return trip to KC on Wednesday night.

If it is open on Wednesday, I will take some pictures and share them.

Also, it looks like there is some work ongoing at the Sedalia, MO station... Is the station being rennovated for passenger use, or for another purpose?

Finally, one of our conductors today had yellow "shoulder patches" instead of the usual black. I hadn't noticed this on my previous trips... is there some significance to this?

Well, the new St. Louis Gateway station was open for my return trip on Wednesday, but only for Greyhound... but I did get a few pictures of both the interior and exterior. It really looks that the only thing they are waiting on now is for the concrete to dry on the new platforms. One of the new platforms is actually in use, but passengers are being funneled through the "interim" station via a wooden ramp.

I apologize for the image quality... The only camera I had with me was on my phone.

image078wu5.jpg

View of the new station from the Metrolink "Civic Center" station platform

image079tl1.jpg

Ticket Counter at Gateway Station

(The blue line on the floor is actually lit from underneath... there are several within the station)

image081cx1.jpg

Waiting room

image080yp8.jpg

Entrance to Boarding bridge

image082ns9.jpg

Boarding bridge

image088lo7.jpg

Boarding bridge from platform... all of the concrete between here and the stairs has been laid.. The concrete to the left of the red "do not cross" tape looked freshly poured on Monday, but by Wednesday it was looking pretty dry.

image091pt5.jpg

Temporary ramp from the old station

image090ox4.jpg

And finally... the Am-Shack 2.0... hopefully soon to be a thing of the past

The free overnight parking at the St Louis station is history with the parking lot being ripped up.

Anyone have any ideas for overnight parking. There is a new parking lot next to the new Amtrak sation but it $1.00/per hour.

Will there be any free overnight lot in the future?

The new station was supposed to open in Feb but it is getting closer.

The free overnight parking at the St Louis station is history with the parking lot being ripped up.
Anyone have any ideas for overnight parking. There is a new parking lot next to the new Amtrak sation but it $1.00/per hour.

Will there be any free overnight lot in the future?

The new station was supposed to open in Feb but it is getting closer.

I think this station will also be connected to the Metrolink light rail. If you can find free parking near one of the other metrolink stations, you could easily get to the Amtrak station by Metrolink. ! dollar an hour is pretty cheap by Chicago Standards at least. They might have daily and overnight rates that our competitive. There is also the parking lot at Union Station shopping mall. That is a pay lot too, but it may not be that expensive.

I think this station will also be connected to the Metrolink light rail.
Yes, the station is directly adjacent to the Civic Center Metrolink stop. In fact, the first picture I posted is a view of the station from the Metrolink platform. From the north end of the Metrolink platform you would just cross the tracks and turn left...and walk up the ramp to the station... the rear entrance to the station is at the far left end of that particular photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back