St.louis gathering day 1

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
Woke up around 5am couldn't sleep no more and dick was also up. About 6:20AM we went downstars for the buffet breakfast. I had scrambled eggs with bacon and a ham cheese omlet and coke.We were joined for breakfast by AlanB and his mom bill mike heith eric. After breakfast we left the hotel around 7:30AM to ride the LRT metro and catch a bus to see the challenger steam locomotive. The locomotive will be touring around town on a excursion and this was the last day it would be parked. After We left the challenger site we caught the bus back to the metro station and caught the train to the Arch. Once inside the arch we had about a 30 minute wait before our time was called for the tram ride up.

They show you a 4 minute movie about steam boats and the history of st.Louis and the railroad and the arch. The trip up takes 4 minutes each way. At the top we all took pictures and after a while we took the tram back down the arch. After we left the arch we went to union station for lunch. I had a ham and cheese sub and a Pepsi. After lunch we spent the next coupe hours riding the LRT around the city. On one of the trains a bunch on teenage girls got on and were cussing a yelling cause they were kicked out of the mall for not having ID since in weekends young kids go in and steal.

Peter was 60 seconds from calling the cops on the girls. They must have since something was up cause me and him got off the train to get the security officer but he was gone but the girls got of the train and me and him got back on and continued on. After some more riding we got off and headed for the old spaghetti factory. We had a 7PM reservation But we got there at 6PM and they wouldn't take us till 7PM so some of us waited around outside took pictures while others waited inside for those coming in on other trains to show up. Once we were inside I ordered the chicken parmigiana and a coke. Service was slow but we were a big group and later another group about our size also showed up(betty rrude)(long train running was running late on the eagle along with some others). Food was OK most if not all the menu items came with spaghetti and marinara sauce.

It also took awhile to get the check cause with a group this size you automatically get dessert(one scoop of three flavor ice cream) and 18% gratuity so the bill came to $17 something and those of us paying cash just put the cash and check on the table and left. Those paying by credit card would have problems also as the factory had problems with the card receipt printer So I ended up taking a cab back ($6 with tip) to the hotel. Pictures to come when I get time to upload them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back