Spring Promo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, they baited-and-switched in a new condition:

email I received today said:
Limit of two qualifying trips per day (one roundtrip or two one-ways).
I haven't decided whether I'd hate or love to have been the developer who implemented all the rules for this promotion. :)

It didn't say that in the first email I got about it (it was within the monthly statement), nor the pre-registration description, nor even now when I log in and select it from 'my promotions' (which I quickly screen-grabbed :p ), but only in a dedicated email about it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked my acct & a SAC-EMY ticket I bought before the "magic" date but traveled last week got doubled! :D
GREAT!!!

Before the "magic date" I bought tickets for an overnight trip during the "magic" time period. Just for fun, I took 4 short (100 pt) trips - so I am hoping for TRIPLE. Wish me luck. :lol:

You just have to register (31609) for the spring promo - and it's automatic!

2 for 2! :D
BOTH of my SAC to EMY tickets bought pre March (and when the 20% off sale was on) posted - and BOTH were doubled! B)
Watch out, you may see an adjustment to take away those bonus points in the future.

I hope you get the points as I did the same thing.

Good Luck!!

Well dang it!!! I took a trip (100 pts) on 3/20 and it was NOT doubled - and I made the rezzie within the time frame.

Well dang it!!! I took a trip (100 pts) on 3/20 and it was NOT doubled - and I made the rezzie within the time frame.
Did the base points (that you would have gotten anyways, promo or not) post just today (i.e. is the posting date 4/1)? If so, don't worry, the bonus points will post tonight between 6pm and 6:20pm, Pacific time. That's been my experience.

Did the base points (that you would have gotten anyways, promo or not) post just today (i.e. is the posting date 4/1)? If so, don't worry, the bonus points will post tonight between 6pm and 6:20pm, Pacific time. That's been my experience.
I believe it is now about 7:15PM PT and I have the points. Thanks, just as you called it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back