Southwest chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do.

In my dreams. I'm the conductor and we narrowly avert disaster every night thanks to my quick thinking!

I just rode it from KCY-LAX and then LAX-GBB. Thorougly enjoyed this route and the crew. It was tops!!!! Didn't have one complaint. I had not one but two great Sleeper Attendents. Micheal on the way out and Ephran on the way back. Printman...who was the great SA that you had last summer? You said you ran into him/her lately and told them thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Printman...who was the great SA that you had last summer? You said you ran into him/her lately and told them thank you!
That would be Hak To, I believe that's how he spelled his name. He was my attendant westbound to the fest, as well as Mike's and Jishnu's.

I just rode it from KCY-LAX and then LAX-GBB. Thorougly enjoyed this route and the crew. It was tops!!!! Didn't have one complaint. I had not one but two great Sleeper Attendents. Micheal on the way out and Ephran on the way back. Printman...who was the great SA that you had last summer? You said you ran into him/her lately and told them thank you!
I'll second that emotion on Ephran! I had him this summer on the SWC and I have to say that he worked his tail off dispite there being no air conditioner running in our car! Gave him a well deserved big tip!

Following the SWC I connected with the LSL and had a Michael on that run. Home based out of NYC and presumed not the same Michael, but another top class attandant none the less. First of all he remembered my wife and I from a previous trip... 10 years prior! Wow, what a memory! I rememember his being as attentative 10 years ago as he was this trip. Our first experience with him he also brought around a bowl of candy that he brought around periodically and offered some to the passengers in his car. Don't remember that ever happening with anyone else, before or after! I hope I meet up with him again next year on our way out to LA or back from Portland OR.

I'll second that emotion on Ephran! I had him this summer on the SWC and I have to say that he worked his tail off dispite there being no air conditioner running in our car! Gave him a well deserved big tip!

Following the SWC I connected with the LSL and had a Michael on that run. Home based out of NYC and presumed not the same Michael, but another top class attandant none the less. First of all he remembered my wife and I from a previous trip... 10 years prior! Wow, what a memory! I rememember his being as attentative 10 years ago as he was this trip. Our first experience with him he also brought around a bowl of candy that he brought around periodically and offered some to the passengers in his car. Don't remember that ever happening with anyone else, before or after! I hope I meet up with him again next year on our way out to LA or back from Portland OR.
Ditto! Ephran is the absolute best. Hope to have him on duty on my trip in March next year.

My two experiences on the SWC were both very positive in spite of a minor derailment on my first trip west in 2006. Both attendants were great. I had Lori in 2006 and Mike in 2008, although Mike was a transplant from the Coast Starlight during the time the UP was rebuilding the mudslide.

This is mainly now an archive, but there is a web page for crew 10 on the SWC. Interesting pictures and stories: http://www.crewten.com/

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for doing that! Earlier last week as I googled "SWC" I found that website with "crew 10" on it. I remembered Alvin Lincoln's name but not Ephrans. I tipped Ephran $20, thats the most I have tipped Sleeper Attendents. I also carry "thank you" cards with me and write a short synopsis on what I thought kicked butt! Ephran was great!

Al

Dan,Thanks for doing that! Earlier last week as I googled "SWC" I found that website with "crew 10" on it. I remembered Alvin Lincoln's name but not Ephrans. I tipped Ephran $20, thats the most I have tipped Sleeper Attendents. I also carry "thank you" cards with me and write a short synopsis on what I thought kicked butt! Ephran was great!

Al
I must be too generous. I gave Ephran $40 or $50(?)! Anyway, he earned it and deserved it! On second thought, he served our meals in our H room; guess I'm not that generous after all! :huh:

Dan,Thanks for doing that! Earlier last week as I googled "SWC" I found that website with "crew 10" on it. I remembered Alvin Lincoln's name but not Ephrans. I tipped Ephran $20, thats the most I have tipped Sleeper Attendents. I also carry "thank you" cards with me and write a short synopsis on what I thought kicked butt! Ephran was great!

Al
I must be too generous. I gave Ephran $40 or $50(?)! Anyway, he earned it and deserved it! On second thought, he served our meals in our H room; guess I'm not that generous after all! :huh:
We tipped him all our remaining greenbacks as we were flying home that night. He really earned it.

And, as a rule, Australians don't tip!

Anyone know Anton who works the dining car on the SWC? He's the steward.... a really great guy who makes the whole dining car even more of a pleasurable place to be in... full of life and wit!

Joan, Nina, Anton, Henry, and others have made my 3 trips on the SWC unforgettable!

Last time I rode the SWC was in March of '05. I had my wife and 2 sons in a bedroom suite. Ephran took wonderful care of us and we took wonderful care of him with very generous tips. Ephran is what all Amtrak attendents should aspire to be.....definately a pro!!!

My two experiences on the SWC were both very positive in spite of a minor derailment on my first trip west in 2006. Both attendants were great. I had Lori in 2006 and Mike in 2008, although Mike was a transplant from the Coast Starlight during the time the UP was rebuilding the mudslide.
This is mainly now an archive, but there is a web page for crew 10 on the SWC. Interesting pictures and stories: http://www.crewten.com/

Dan
Alan and I were in tranisition dorm on the way back from LAX Gathering. I saw the crew roster paper right next to the stairs. It says, "Crew Ten".

Anyone know Anton who works the dining car on the SWC? He's the steward.... a really great guy who makes the whole dining car even more of a pleasurable place to be in... full of life and wit!
Joan, Nina, Anton, Henry, and others have made my 3 trips on the SWC unforgettable!
I just had Anton on two Southwest Chief trips in July and August. His "dinner...reservations" and "please wait...to be seated" irritated some people, but I actually liked the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back