Southwest Chief - Heartland Flyer Connection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stumbled across this new service. Kansas City to San Antonio and back, in a more direct way (than thru STL) is great! Does anyone know if Wichita is the only shuttle stop between Newton, KS and Oklahoma City, OK...and if so, where IS that stop in Wichita?

Up until a few years ago there was a Bus Bridge between the Chief and Flyer but it was on regular Long Pooch service. From what I understand this new bridge is dedicated Thruway; so it should be better synced to train times.

Up until a few years ago there was a Bus Bridge between the Chief and Flyer but it was on regular Long Pooch service. From what I understand this new bridge is dedicated Thruway; so it should be better synced to train times.
I believe that was a Jefferson Lines run between Kansas City and Oklahoma City (via Tulsa), right?

I believe that was a Jefferson Lines run between Kansas City and Oklahoma City (via Tulsa), right?
Yes, you jogged my memory and are right! It was a regular scheduled run and not a dedicated coach.

Yep,and last time I took the KCY-OKC Bus after getting off the Missouri River Runner was the Very Night that Jefferson Lines quit running this route!!!

Amtrak put 5 of us in Cab to the Greyhound Station on on the other side of the City where we caught a Midnight Bus that ended up only going to Tulsa!!!

I had to buy a ticket from Tulsa to Dallas on Greyhound when we ran late so I missed the Texas Eagle connection in Dallas and Fort Worth and had to ride an Americano Bus ( Mexican) from Dallas to Austin!

One of the worst travel experiences I've had while riding Amtrak!

Amtrak sent me a $300 Voucher for future travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back