Some days out to Belgium.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil_M

Conductor
Some shots here http://50031.fotopic.net/c1556269_1.html of a couple of day trips to Belgium from London.

Not been over there for a while and for a small country there is a lot going on railway wise and now its only 2 hours from London!

In fact the 0805 departure from London runs non stop and does it in 1hr 51 minutes.

If you have a Eurostar ticket from London then its valid for onward travel to and from any Belgian station for no extra cost, just a few of the high speed services you are barred from. Excellent value!

There are other attractions to Belgium apart from railways, they do superb chocolate, great cooking,and the best beer on the planet.

My most recent trip to Antwerp was on a fairly gloomy and rainy day, but its very easy to get lost in some really great beer cafes and not worry about stuff like weather!

I like Belgium! :p

Sounds like fun, Neil_M, but I couldn't get the pic link to work. Shows as a link, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back