Snowmobile hits The Vermonter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Here's a new one for you.

"Snowmobile actually struck rear step Engine 105 between MPR and RPH. Occupant Injured, EMS responding. Train will be moving soon. Estimate 60-75 minute delay."

Now that was for 57-07. But still no one can say that the train hit her!

but again the headlines "train hits" even though both stories say she hit train. Arrrgh

Aloha

Don't you just love it? The train chased the snowmobile, jumped the tracks and tore up the lady's snowmobile. Sounds like a good case for an ambulance chasing lawyer. :angry:

Here's a photo of that pesky locomotive. Why won't he Stay On The Tracks No Matter What?

tootle.JPG

something like the crossing didn't have gates and the train didn't blow its horn. there was nothing to stop me from going under the gates.

Somehow I highly doubt that this crossing has gates. IIRC between BRA and SAB there's 300 some odd crossings, with the vast majority being in the middle of freaking nowhere. Unless you are in the heart of a town, the crossings are almost exclusively unprotected. However, that being said, the responsibility always falls to the motorist to make sure they've got a clear crossing.

For a nice change of pace...
Seriously, I wonder if she will sue Amtrak...
She might not want to but I can almost bet money the lawyers will be knocking on her door! Kinda reminds me of a time when we came out of the Moffatt Tunnel and the train went into emergency. Some skiers were crossing the track just outside the tunnel. The train just happened to stop where our sleeper was next to the skiers. The conductor opened the dutch door and asked them what the ***** they were doing. To my dismay they replied, "Where's your crossing lights?" (The snow was rail high and you could hardly tell that there was a railroad running from a recent snow fall.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of a single crossing outside of Essex Jct that actually has crossing gates (on the NECR, that is). Many have lights and a bell, but a good number (maybe even a majority) don't even have that. Many times the crossings are just dirt roads that cut across farmer's fields and such.

Being in the "biz", the headline has to say "Train Hits"........its just sexier that way B)

Actually, I would have batted it out "DARWIN AWARD RECALLED; NEW WINNER TO BE ANNOUNCED"

Being in the "biz", the headline has to say "Train Hits"........its just sexier that way B)
Actually, I would have batted it out "DARWIN AWARD RECALLED; NEW WINNER TO BE ANNOUNCED"
Aloha

I like that, or to quote my Daughter, Christine "Hey you, out of the gene pool." :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back