Snow cancellations for Thursday, March 5

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
March 5th

Acela Cancellations:

2100, 2104, 2160 NYP-BOS

2110, 2166, 2122, 2128

2107, 2117, 2121, 2163 BOS-NYP

2165, 2119, 2173 NYP-WAS

2160 will operate WAS-NYP

2163 will operate NYP-WAS

2173 will operate BOS-NYP

Regional Cancellations:

151, 183, 127, 187, 193, 110, 130, 184, 186, 134

Keystone Cancellations:

601, 609, 647, 600, 648, 618 entirely

641, 649, 653, 644, 650, 656 PHL-HAR

Added Stops:

111-ABE

129-EWR

137-CWH, NRK, ABE
Via Facebook.

I'll be on 42. Hopefully those unreserved Keystone passengers don't try to all cram onboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, I hope everything is on for tomorrow. I'm due to take the Pennsylvanian all the way form NYP to Pittsburgh.

Oh boy, I hope everything is on for tomorrow. I'm due to take the Pennsylvanian all the way form NYP to Pittsburgh.
Nope. I guess it's the same cancellation plan.

42 was on-time and full (but not overcrowded) from PGH to HAR. After boarding a large load of standees (think commuter rail), we sat in HAR for 20+ minutes with HEP off, then proceeded east making local stops to PHL. The PA in my Amfleet II didn't work. The standee load gradually lessened as we made our way to PHL.

From that point, the train was 100% sold out, and lost a lot of time in Philly due to the wire issues up in NJ.

I'd say that you might not have to expect the Philly delay, but definitely expect SRO conditions on the unreserved segment of the line. If you have a connection, make sure the conductor scans your ticket. Unless they were scanned on the platform/stairway, it seemed that nobody boarding at HAR or points east had their tickets checked today.

Nope. I guess it's the same cancellation plan.

42 was on-time and full (but not overcrowded) from PGH to HAR. After boarding a large load of standees (think commuter rail), we sat in HAR for 20+ minutes with HEP off, then proceeded east making local stops to PHL. The PA in my Amfleet II didn't work. The standee load gradually lessened as we made our way to PHL.

From that point, the train was 100% sold out, and lost a lot of time in Philly due to the wire issues up in NJ.

I'd say that you might not have to expect the Philly delay, but definitely expect SRO conditions on the unreserved segment of the line. If you have a connection, make sure the conductor scans your ticket. Unless they were scanned on the platform/stairway, it seemed that nobody boarding at HAR or points east had their tickets checked today.
Today was little different. The government shut down earlier than usual because of the weather. As such, the state asked that 42 take all comers and make all stops.

This probably won't be an issue on Friday.

Pardon the interruption; where ya at, Acela150?

Town bank, is where I'm at!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back