Sleeping car reservations and manifests.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm travelIng nyp to Chicago. The attendant thought I was getting of at south bend. I explained what had happened and gave my name. He understood and there was no more confusion.

I'm travelIng nyp to Chicago. The attendant thought I was getting of at south bend. I explained what had happened and gave my name. He understood and there was no more confusion.
Sounds like you bought a room that someone going to South Bend backed out of. The SCA had a manifest printed up before the South Bend pax gave up the room.

My guess is that he just read things wrong. I suppose that it's possible that there was a last minute cancellation, but frankly that's pushing it. Especially with the refund policies on sleepers.

Usually the manifests are printed an hour so before the crew signs up, which for a train like the LSL is two or three hours before departure. So it's entirely possible there was a last minute change/cancellation for that room. The SOB passenger may have been connecting from Silver Service which was running late and ended up being re-accommodated on the CL.

The SOB passenger ...
When I first read this I thought, "He doesn't even know the passenger and he's cussing at him." Now I'm wondering if there's any worse city code in Amtrak.
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on it.
laugh.gif
GREATEST station code in the system IMHO, except for Springfield, MA.

The SOB passenger ...
When I first read this I thought, "He doesn't even know the passenger and he's cussing at him." Now I'm wondering if there's any worse city code in Amtrak.
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on it.
laugh.gif
GREATEST station code in the system IMHO, except for Springfield, MA.
Not in Amtrak's list of station codes, but Sioux City, Iowa Gateway Airport is SUX. :lol: :lol:

I know - off topic, but the football program has been suffering for quite a while.

We'll see what the new coach does.

BTW - my senior year there was Lou Holz's first year as coach.

When it comes to humorous city codes, leave us not forget Bakersfield's (BFD), which for some hoity-toity folks also seems to pretty well sum up the impression of the town…

Springfield, MA's code is the same as my initials. Add to the fact I've traveled to/from/through there a time or two, it's kinda neat.

That prompts a question. Alan, please advise whether this should be a separate thread.

Let's say you are ticketed in a roomette at a station where there is a late night stop (e.g. after midnight at spk). At the station, you upgrade to a deluxe bedroom. The bedroom is not made up and the SCA is asleep. How do you deal with that?

That prompts a question. Alan, please advise whether this should be a separate thread.

Let's say you are ticketed in a roomette at a station where there is a late night stop (e.g. after midnight at spk). At the station, you upgrade to a deluxe bedroom. The bedroom is not made up and the SCA is asleep. How do you deal with that?
Normally, the rooms are made up soon after being vacated, so it wouldn't be a problem. However, if that happens either the SCA that's covering for the sleeping SCA will make it up, or the conductor will have to wake up the SCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back