Sleepers on CZ departing emy 1/5/17

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's always changed on a certain date, but it does seem to happen in January.

You could go to YouTube and go back to A.Train's video channel, go back to last January, and see when they made the change last year.

A. Train shoots the CZ (both the 5 and the 6) almost daily (both the 5 and the 6) go through his town of Agency, IA.

I got curious and sifted through A. Train's videos from last January.

https://youtu.be/Yvst5hxFCVE

Which would have departed CHI on Monday, January 9, 2016, and EMY on January 12, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
January 5, 2016 - when the CZ left EMY the sleepers were at the tail end of the consist.

On January 5, 2017, the consist as it leaves EMY will be whatever the consist was when the CZ left CHI on January 2.

It's likely, but not guaranteed, the consist will have the sleepers at the end of the consist on Thursday, January 5, 2017.

I rode the CZ from Chicago on Jan 13, 2016, and the consist had just changed. SCA told me we were day 2 of the change to the front. Personally, I am just as happy at the front as last cars. I also rode the CZ Sacramento to Chicago early May and the consist was still sleepers in front.

As one of the earlier posters stated the switch originates in Chicago. The eastbound Zephyr is simply the same equipment that arrives the previous day into Emeryville with the same On Board Service crew so no switching or changes take place overnight in Oakland yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back