Sleeper in the crew car?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshirt Husker

Service Attendant
So I've been booked for a roomette on a LD train, and the ticket agent told me that it's in the Crew Car. Any advantages or drawbacks to this?

I've heard complaints that because the Attendant from another car also serves the trans-dorm, sometimes you get less service. And sometimes the car is closer to the engines than other sleeper cars... so the horn may be louder.

That said, the one time I was in the trans-dorm, everything was so typical that I can't remember which train I was on... I sure it will be fine.

The room is exactly the same, so no difference there. There are more toilets on the upper level too on that car as well. But it depends on your SCA. Sometimes they can forget about you.

I noticed the extra bathrooms on the upper level, but what I *really* like are the shower/toilet combos that this transdorm has--wish that Amtrak had many more of these.

I noticed the extra bathrooms on the upper level, but what I *really* like are the shower/toilet combos that this transdorm has--wish that Amtrak had many more of these.
Same for me. I like the shower in the toilet on the upper level.

I can make my bed and restore the room without the help of a SCA.

Less traffic, less noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back