sleeper goodies

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

clearfork

Do the sleepers still offer free beverages (soda, juices, coffee, water, ice) to their passengers?

Water is available all day. Coffee and Orange Juice are definitely available in the mornings, some TA's make coffee available all day.

Ice is available near at the beverage center. If they are out (which does happen ocassionally) you can always get a cup from the lounge with no hassle.

only on Coast Starlight is where they offer free sodas and water and juices. In the sleeper is just (like everyone has said) juices/water and ice (but they might actually stop that cause it becoming a FDA thing bout having ice out in the open )

Oh for crying out loud! What rediculous regulations will they come up with next? I know these autocrats need something to do to justify staying on the government payroll; but no more ice? It will be a shame if the crunching on ice should go the way of the passenger train. Bush probably has sensitive teeth and is trying to outlaw ice.

it just rumor. I was working the captiol limited (before I transfer back to LA) I was hearing that they might do away that but then again ...............it just rumor (maybe some body made it up) .

They are not gonna outlaw ice! It is possible they may revise where it is stored, and how it is made available to the passenger! However,I seriously doubt anything will be made of it if you ask me! OBS...

Guest said:
it just rumor. I was working the captiol limited (before I transfer back to LA) I was hearing that they might do away that but then again ...............it just rumor (maybe some body made it up) .
You and I both know how impressive this company's rumor mill is, don't we? LOL :lol: :D

What else have you heard? The three crewbase concept for OBS has been rolling around here on the FL trains, lately! OBS...

Midland Valley said:
Oh for crying out loud! What rediculous regulations will they come up with next? I know these autocrats need something to do to justify staying on the government payroll; but no more ice? It will be a shame if the crunching on ice should go the way of the passenger train. Bush probably has sensitive teeth and is trying to outlaw ice.
I was just putting a little rural humor there. I'll try to be more serious with my remarks.

Midland Valley said:
I was just putting a little rural humor there. I'll try to be more serious with my remarks.
Keep that rural humor coming, and I'll do the same! It is amazing what you can hear out on these rails!! OBS... :lol:

Amtrak OBS Employee said:
Guest said:
it just rumor. I  was working the captiol limited (before I transfer back to LA) I was hearing that they might do away that but then again ...............it just rumor (maybe some body made it up) .
You and I both know how impressive this company's rumor mill is, don't we? LOL :lol: :D

What else have you heard? The three crewbase concept for OBS has been rolling around here on the FL trains, lately! OBS...
My favorite rumor was right after the brake problem on the Acela's, when the Amtrak rumor mill was saying that David was going to mothball the entire fleet forever.

I heard that to get Acelas back in service quicker they were going to issue special heavy duty shoes (thick special soles) to all crew members and cut some holes in the car floors right over the wheels.......... "OK - EVERYBODY STOMP DOWN.... ...NOW!!" Or maybe install a drag chute like the space shuttle has... :lol: :lol: :lol:

They going to pick up some extra horsepower by having the passengers move their feet Fred Flinstone style? :lol:

There is a new policy going to be implemented. It does involve some work rule changes. In the near future engineers will be pulling tickets on the ground from the sleeper car passengers. This means the engineer will have to disembark from the locomotive and go back to each stop and pull the tickets from these passengers prior to boarding. Then the sleeper TA will be permitted to board the passengers. No word as of yet on where T&E unions (BLE, etc. ) stand on the issue! :lol: :D OBS...

You forgot the major provision though. The Conductor will have to go up on the head end, call the dispatcher let him know that you're stopped, and how long the stop will be, while the Engineer pulls tickets. :lol:

Back