Sleeper Discounts

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads-up in case you didn't make it past the AAA companion fare 50% off headline to the small print on the Amtrak website which also allows for a 25% discount on sleepers through mid-March on many routes. You have to call for reservations to use the discount code posted on the website, however.
Joseph

Erie, PA
Don't have to call - just enter H644 in the code part of the reservation page. If it is available, it will allow you to use this promotion.

What shall the passenger do in regards to her service dog for "potty stops". Sure those wonderful animals are trained, but they still have to go. As a dog lover and owner, I sure would make certain the staff and crew are aware of the situation, and that they help him/her to know what stops the pup can get off to do his/her duty. I wish you well in your travels.

So your saying i can ride in a coach from Gainesville Ga then move to a sleeper once the Crescentarrives in Atlanta and get a cheap fare on a sleeper roomette?I guess would be required to have 2

tickets 1 from GNS to ATl then another ticket for my sleeper from ATL to NOL. I might try that some

time just to see if it would work.
Correct. Or you could just drive to Atlanta and save yourself $13 or so if you wanted to.

I've traveled coast to coast many times in coach. Get a sleep aide to help you sleep and try for the window seat. Only recently have I been able to afford travel in a sleeper. I'm now spoiled. My up coming trip to LA in May all the sleepers are sold out already. So coach it is going west and a sleeper on the way back. You'll be fine in coach. Also bring along some wipes to keep your hygene up and maybe some mouthwash. A washcloth in a ziplock bag works for me.

Just a heads-up in case you didn't make it past the AAA companion fare 50% off headline to the small print on the Amtrak website which also allows for a 25% discount on sleepers through mid-March on many routes. You have to call for reservations to use the discount code posted on the website, however.

Joseph

Erie, PA
Don't have to call - just enter H644 in the code part of the reservation page. If it is available, it will allow you to use this promotion.
Here is a quote from the Amtrak website regarding H644...it would appear to only apply if you are requesting a discounted sleeper NOT the 50% off for a companion...

*If booking sleeping accommodations with this promotional fare, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245), your local AAA Travel Office or your local travel agency.

From this Amtrak webpage:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServe...26&ssid=224

What shall the passenger do in regards to her service dog for "potty stops". Sure those wonderful animals are trained, but they still have to go. As a dog lover and owner, I sure would make certain the staff and crew are aware of the situation, and that they help him/her to know what stops the pup can get off to do his/her duty. I wish you well in your travels.
My experience is that at the smoke stops there is time to walk around. Some dogs will only go on grass, which might be a problem in the urban stops though.

You might also want to be careful about bringing the dog on a short, cheap trip first. A train I was on once got held up because a service dog was afraid to board the train. He eventually got on, but you might want to be careful.

I rode the Lakeshore Limited last November with a passenger with a service dog. During smoke stops (approxamently every four hours), the assistant conductor would take the dog out to find a patch of grass.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back