Sitting in the diner feeling bleu

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a plain salad guy myself... but given some of the pre-dinner salads I've encountered in the diner, I don't blame folks for dousing the salads with dressing!

Yup, my mom got told on the CZ that they don't have Blue Cheese any more in the diner.
This is curious...
When I did a cross-country r/t back in May there was no Blue Cheese dressing on the CS from SJC to PDX, on the EB from PDX to CHI, or on the SWC from CHI to LAX. However, sitting in the PPC for lunch on the CS from LAX to SJC I heard the PPC attendant Debbie (the bestest!) offer Blue Cheese dressing to a couple at another table. It wasn't in the basket but instead kept in her refrigerator. When I asked her about it and told her what I had experienced to that point she said "yeah, the Blue Cheese has been pulled from the standard issue of dressings that are loaded onboard but it can still be special ordered by the LSAs if they want to offer it". I guess that most don't bother... :(
You are right about Debbie. She's the "bestest" for sure and she makes the most awesome Bloody Marys in the world (although she doesn't drink). After drinking a couple of those, Bleu Cheese dressing won't seem so important to you.

Debbie went all out for our group on the CS. We had 8 AU members, as well as someone else who sort of joined our group for a while. Debbie is supposed to seat small parties for lunch in the Parlour car, but she took our group of 9 without complaint and the biggest smile. She went far above and beyond the call of duty for us! :)

And she still managed to keep everyone else in the car happy too!

Ps. Didn't try the Bloody Mary's, was too busy with my wine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back