Silver Star 92

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are traveling on the 91 this November. We have a sleeper romette, but my question is, what is the most likely consist from Tampa? I have been in Amfleet coaches, any likelyhood of a Horizon Coach? Also, what do you guys think is the likelihood of the different diner and cafe cars?

Steve

You will not see any Horizon coaches, they don't run on long distance trains at all. Your train will have several Amfleet II coaches, and Amfleet II Diner-Lite car functioning as a cafe car, which is what it started life as in the first place. You'll have a Heritage Dining car, with basically a 50-50 chance of getting a Temoinsa rebuild, with the pastel pinks & greens and starlike ceiling. And then you'll have two Viewliner sleepers.

You will not see any Horizon coaches, they don't run on long distance trains at all. Your train will have several Amfleet II coaches, and Amfleet II Diner-Lite car functioning as a cafe car, which is what it started life as in the first place. You'll have a Heritage Dining car, with basically a 50-50 chance of getting a Temoinsa rebuild, with the pastel pinks & greens and starlike ceiling. And then you'll have two Viewliner sleepers.
Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to see a Horizon possibly, I have seen some videos on youtube with them on the Silver service trains. Perhaps that is only north of DC?

Steve

Every now and again a Horizon dinette shows up pinch hitting for the lounge car. It's pretty rare but maybe once every 6 months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back