Silver Service Schedule Change?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdisnie

Train Attendant
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

I have a quick question, does anyone have any information on the Silver Service schedule change which usually takes place in october? My family and I will be traveling on the Silver Service in late October and returning in November and I am trying to gather any information which might pertain to us. I know in the past the schedule usually changes twice a year, once in the fall and then again in the spring, but i have tried asking Amtrak customer service but honestly have gotten no answers. All I have been told is that Amtrak usually changes the schedule in October but they have no other information. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Thanks

MrDisnie

I haven't heard of any major schedule change coming up for this round of schedule changes. Not every train runs on a different schedule because of the schedule change. Off corridor trains are at the mercy of the freight companies as to which slots they can get to run. Amtrak chooses the best slot it can get that will provide attractive times for passengers, good layovers for the crews, etc. There are a number of trains which haven't seen a significant schedule change in a number of years. Superliner Diner usually posts any major changes prior to schedule change. Also if your departure time or arrival time does change due to a new schedule Amtrak will contact you regarding the status of your reservation.

I haven't heard of any major schedule change coming up for this round of schedule changes. N
Just received my copy of the National Timetable. Havent done any more than opened the pakage. But should be avail everyware now, as I get thing last. :D

So the National Timetable is already out in Hawaii, where they have quite an abundance of Amtrak service. :rolleyes: I bet we don't see it here on the Northeast Corridor until after it takes effect.

It's also strange that the document is in print already, seeing as how they have not yet officially announced all of the new trains that will be starting in Illinois, nor the revamped Keystone schedule in Pennsylvania.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superliner Diner usually posts any major changes prior to schedule change.
So far nothing much to report (other than the Saluki) .... but I'm watching Amtrak's site daily for changes.

Aloha

You guys got me worried, when I get home I will recheck, the Envelope it came in had 2006/07 of Amtrak vactions and the National Timetable.

Thanks. I for one would love to see the schedule change that had been mentioned because it would once again allow us (those who are in the corridor from Kissimmee -just South of Orlando- to as far North as Jacksonville), to do a day trip to Tampa and return, with a decent span of time in Tampa as long as 91 wasn't running too late. That schedule would be about what it was back when they first added the "dog-leg" to Tampa on 91/92 to pick up the pax to/from Tampa and Lakeland that were forgotten when the Silver Palm/Palmetto was cancelled in Florida and reduced back to a NYP-SAV train. We actually did manage a couple of those day trips before they changed the schedule to what it is right now, which is such that it gives us just a short time, not long enough to really do anything, not even really to do lunch, in Tampa, before having to get on 92 and head back to WPK. If 91 is running at all late, we can't even go as far as Tampa and still make it back on 92.

Aloha

:( :eek: Sorry guys, I was so excited when I got the package in the mail, after getting home I find it is the Spring fall 2006, ends next month dang it guess Amtrak just wanted to get rid of them, sniff sniff :blush: :blush:

Aloha
:( :eek: Sorry guys, I was so excited when I got the package in the mail, after getting home I find it is the Spring fall 2006, ends next month dang it guess Amtrak just wanted to get rid of them, sniff sniff :blush: :blush:
I had a feeling ...... Having new timetables available over a month before they take effect was just too good to be true! :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back