Silver Meteor-bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbygrrl

Train Attendant
We will be booking our first bedroom on the SM (usually travel in Roomette) from MIA to BOS. Is there a way to tell or request that we have a bedroom with the sofa facing in the direction that the train is traveling? Or is it completely random on how the car will be set up on the day of travel?

We usually keep switching seats in the Roomette because neither of us is great at traveling "backwards". Although we'd rather deal with that than sitting in Coach :)

The way the consist is now (with sleepers up front and H room facing the diner), the A bedroom should have the couch facing the direction of travel.

Amtrak used to move the sleepers to the rear of the train during the winter, but did not do so last winter. I have no idea what they will do this winter. The sleepers have remained in the front of the train for a while.

We will be booking our first bedroom on the SM (usually travel in Roomette) from MIA to BOS. Is there a way to tell or request that we have a bedroom with the sofa facing in the direction that the train is traveling? Or is it completely random on how the car will be set up on the day of travel?

We usually keep switching seats in the Roomette because neither of us is great at traveling "backwards". Although we'd rather deal with that than sitting in Coach :)
I always wondered if the sofa in a bedroom was comfortable? Seems to me like it would not be, but I have never rode in a bedroom.

Leaving out of West Palm Beach a dozen times Ive had room A couch facing both ways.

And zepherdude the couch is firm but any time I can lay on a couch and watch out the window its comfortable for me.

Thank you for the input. We will be in BC from NYC to BOS.

I will call and request Bedroom A. Even though it's not 100pct, I'll give it a try. If it's is "backwards", there's always a chance that the people in the other bedroom would't mind changing with us (she said optimistically :p )

Our final destination is in Maine, but we learned last year that if we book from MIA all the way through, they make us get off in WAS instead of NYC. Apparently the Downeaster connection causes some type of routing issue. So now we book the last leg separately to avoid that fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back