Signal work north of NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the bridge has room for a second track if they were so inclined in the future, but the tunnel in/out of NYP is not likely to suddenly get wider. The present setup also limits the number of platforms accessible for the Empire Connection.
That's why I thought that they should have built at least one track from the LIRR West Side Yard lead to connect to the Empire line from above on the other side....perhaps it would still be feasible...

Duplicate post, please delete...

Last edited by a moderator:
The last bit is easy too fix by extending the A ladder if it is not already done. It has been in the plans for a while now.
I have no clue about the layout at the west end of Penn. However, adding a ladder would definitely increase maintenance due to all the double slip switches involved.

The ladder track exist already. It has to be extended one more track to the south to connect to the Empire Connection. At the other end it runs all the way to track 19 AFAIR. It will cost a small fraction of creating a second track connection to the Empire Connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back