Siemens Charger Locomotives Not So Pretty Looking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seat38a

Engineer
Old news.

It looks very similar to the early renderings of the ACS-64... I personally I think that the finished version of the ACS-64 is good looking. That gives me hope for the Charger.

Plus I think it's better looking than renderings for EMD's new F125 passenger locomotive.

I have no complaints about the locomotive appearance. But then, I heard a saying once: "a railfan looks at the locomotive, a railroader looks at what it's hauling". I certainly think I'm a railfan and I would not claim to be a railroader, but I never really look at the locomotives. To me it's all about the rolling stock, which the passengers will spend hours sitting in -- hopefully the passenger cars are attractive and easy for the passengers to use, and who cares what's pulling them as long as it works? :)

Doesn't need to be every axle. I think most of the commuter trains in Japan have two out of 10 cars that not only collect power but have two powered bogies for a total of 8 powered axles out of 40.

But I think the latest shinkansens have ALL their axles powered from two power collecting units.

I actually like the Acela livery a lot. The Cascade Talgos are pretty nice, too. I like the paint scheme, I just don't like the pig-smashed-against-a-window look of the cab car. I guess I just like everything to flow from nose to tail - then back again. Same train going and coming. And that's where my biggest issues with JR East are - when they combine two shinkansen that don't look anything alike :eek: !

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the Acela livery a lot. The Cascade Talgos are pretty nice, too. I like the paint scheme, I just don't like the pig-smashed-against-a-window look of the cab car. I guess I just like everything to flow from nose to tail - then back again. Same train going and coming. And that's where my biggest issues with JR East are - when they combine two shinkansen that don't look anything alike :eek: !
Yeah, the Morioka and Akita Shinkansens smashed together looked really weird.

What proportion of axles in what distribution need to be powered for it to be considered an E/DMU? :p
As far as I am concerned, passenger seating in the powered car(s) is the sole requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Art Deco. Victorian all the way.
Better not go down to the 'South Beach' section of Miami Beach then.....might be overwhelming...

Also, stay away from the Empire State Building, Radio City Music Hall, etc.

Seriously, hate art deco? I feel sorry for you....

Personally, I find all period's of design interesting in their own way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back