Short term baggage storage at NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudenHoggart

Service Attendant
Although short term baggage storage at NYP has, I think, always been available for Amtrak passengers, in the past it has also been available for New Jersey Transit customers going to or coming from Newark Airport.

I've read some items lately suggesting this is no longer the case. Does anyone have recent experience with this?

Thanks.

Aside from leaving it in the Club Acela I don't think you can leave your bags at the Amtrak baggage counter without an Amtrak ticket. The last time a friend left their bags there they were asked to show their ticket before they took the bags.

PHL asked about my Amtrak ticket, after a few seconds fumbling in my pockets for my Keystone stub without success they took the bags. My ongoing travel was SEPTA to the airport later in the day so I had no other ticket to present.

I believe at NYP only LIRR and Amtrak passengers can paycheck. I'm not 100% on this. At PHL I've day checked without even being asked for a ticket. They just took them. Charged me a $1 a bag and that was it. It usually depends who's there though. There are times where I've been asked for my tickets. Those times they don't charge me. But if I have a FC ticket I don't even bother with that stuff.. I take them to the lounge and leave them in a cabinet and go. Get back and no ones touched them.

What about this one? I'd be flying in the first flight from ORD to EWR and then late at night leave from JFK. Will I be able to use the baggage storage while walking around Manhattan? I imagine I'd be taking NJ Transit EWR-NYP and then LIRR/Subway to JFK.

What about this one? I'd be flying in the first flight from ORD to EWR and then late at night leave from JFK. Will I be able to use the baggage storage while walking around Manhattan? I imagine I'd be taking NJ Transit EWR-NYP and then LIRR/Subway to JFK.
Well, there is Schwartz Travel. at a cost. See this article. <--- Scroll down to the 5th paragraph

Otherwise, it's really difficult these days (after 9/11) to find such facilities in NYC. Places that used to have them no longer do.

If you don't have a lot of carry on baggage, and if you can check in early for your JFK flight, perhaps you could do that, and then take the Airtrain from JFK back to the NYC subway ("E" train) then into Manhattan.

I believe at NYP only LIRR and Amtrak passengers can paycheck. I'm not 100% on this.
No, the LIRR to my knowledge has never had an agreement with Amtrak for day checking bags. The last I knew, only Amtrak tickets or NJT tickets were acceptable for day check purposes. I've not heard that they've stopped allowing NJT ticketed customers from using the service, but then I don't use the service either so I can't say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back