Severe Weather?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pastor_Mac

Train Attendant
With the very serious weather moving through southern GA/N FL, would any of the Silver Service trains & Auto Train be held until the threat had passed?

Here in Central Florida, we have a tornado watch until 10:00 pm, which would affect train 92. I believe the weather is worse in North Florida than in South Florida. The Meteor (98) should be in Jacksonville momentarily and the Auto Train a few hours behind it.

Checking the status of 98, it left Palatka pretty much on time and is due in JAX almost an hour and a half late late. It may have been held.

Lots of tornado warnings in North Central Florida, so I assume that the Meteor is being held, since its ETA in JAX has been further delayed.

... so I assume that the Meteor is being held, since its ETA in JAX has been further delayed.
Fallen trees on the tracks ahead.
98 arrived into JAX just shy of three hours late, 52 was right behind, and has now pulled ahead continuing north.

Last edited by a moderator:
... so I assume that the Meteor is being held, since its ETA in JAX has been further delayed.
Fallen trees on the tracks ahead.
Thanks. Because of the severe weather in the area, my guess is that it will take a while before it is safe to clear. I am watching local news and there are many tornado warnings in North Central Florida.

Back