Service Outages

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Penn

OBS Chief
This could be the thread where we post all of the odd cancellations, delays, etc. of the next few days.Today's featured outage is in New York State.
mosking.gif

According to Status Maps, trains 48, 49, 63, 64, 281, and 448 (in other words every train on the Empire Service line west of ALB) is in service disruption mode. What happened this time? A derailment?
wacko.gif

On a side note, the LSL lost around 4 hours right before CHI. Another derailment?
sad.gif

Another thing I noted is that Status Maps are now displaying the eastern EB stubs as #s 807 and 808.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Two trains traveling in the same direction collide in DeWitt. It happened on Court Street Road around 12:30 Wednesday afternoon.

A CSX spokesperson says one train was traveling from Cincinnati to Selkirk, New York. The other was traveling from Chicago to New Jersey.

One freight car and two locomotives derailed on the first train and three freight cars derailed on the second.

Two people were taken to area hospitals.

Sheriff's deputies on the scene said their injuries are minor. Fuel did leak and crews are cleaning it up. The cause of the crash is under investigation, and it's unclear how long it will take to restore service.

Amtrak service is also being impacted.

Sorry mods for the bump, just thought one thread would be better than several.
smile.gif

Today's featured outage concerns CZ #6!
mosking.gif

Does anyone know why it 'magically'
happy.gif
lost 12 hours
ohmy.gif
over the course of a few stops (OSC-PCT),
unsure.gif
or is it just a routine delay?
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif

Whats going on with the empire builder 8. All this week its been getting into CHI extremely late. sometimes as late at 5AM. I got a train to catch and 6PM when i come back from the Seattle gathering. can't rebook via the CS and CZ as I can't afford the price differnce and also the CZ has issues right now too.

well maybe if amtrak would post on its website that travelers will still experience delays even though the flooding has stopped. But theres nothing on amtraks website. Im on this train in 2 months i don't like getting in at 5AM though in the that cause I'll just book myself on one of the wolverines first one out is 7:30AM if it has room..

I believe that part of it was that the train hit one of these:

irrigation-overhead-spray.jpg

It was configured incorrectly and managed to drive itself across the tracks.
What a year for Amtrak!! :blink: :blink: Every thing possible that could go wrong has and things you didn't think could go wrong have. This year especially I thought I'd heard it all when it comes to Amtrak's woes, but I've never heard of a train vs. center pivot collision before. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Well we might just have to add the Silvers to the list. Emily just formed in the Caribbean and NHC puts its track as heading for Miami and heading sort of northward up or across the state. Current landfall is predicted as being sometime Saturday afternoon/evening. But this system has had all kinds of strange forecasts over the past few days so nothing's set in stone yet.

Any word if anyone got hurt on the CZ that hit that irrigation system. I sure hope the crew members in the engine seen it in enough time to at least hit the floor. The height of those things is just about windshield level.

Im on this train in 2 months i don't like getting in at 5AM though in the that cause I'll just book myself on one of the wolverines first one out is 7:30AM if it has room..
First, no one yet knows how things will be running two months from now. They're just trying to get through this month at present.

Second, book the normal connecting train from the EB to home. If the EB is late, then Amtrak has to take care of you. If you book the 7:30AM train the next day, then you have to overnight in Chicago on your own money. If you book the normal connection, then you either get a bus or an overnight in Chicago on Amtrak's dime. Bottom line; don't worry if you've booked the normal connection. It's Amtrak's problem to take care of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back