seeing alice cooper by train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
sense hes not coming to michigan. i can take a train to chicago and see him at the us cellular field. take the wolverine from royal oak to chicago then after the show roam around chicago and catch the 8am wolverine back to michgian. what you think. with tickets for both the show and train im looking at 145.50 if the show is not sold out by then

Sounds like a great plan.....hopefully you will still be able to get tickets. Enjoy the show AND the train ride!!!

the show is not till the last week in augest. but the sooner i get the tickets the cheaper amtrak is and the better seats i get at the show

Why would anybody wanna go out of their way to see this broken down old guy who hasn't done anything decent in about 30 years? And a Richard Nixon golfing buddy at that!

Not a good enough excuse for a train ride, despite what Wayne and Garth might say.

I need few excuses to jump on a train, but Alice Cooper isn't one of them.

well screw this idea. its the us cellular collaseum 139 miles from chicago. if i take greyhound it cost more and i leave at 12.45am on the 21. dang. Waukegan, IL is closer but its even more expenive then bloomington to go by bus. no train goes to these locations. why couldn't he come to the us cellular feld right next to union station.

ok found another way. take 351 the wolverine from royal oak to chicago. take 321 the texas eagle from chicago to normal IL. 2 miles from the arena. then returning home. take 300 the lincoln sevice leaves at 7am or so then hope 352 the wolveine back to michigan. all for only $88 for rail

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to set the record straight, Alice Cooper may arguably be broken down, without talent, a golfer, etc but he was born in 1948 so hardly old.

That would make him about 60, perfect age to take train trips.

Hmm, that golfing addiction is a little disturbing.

ok forget alice cooper hes too hard to get to. im going to attempt to see george thorogood and the destroyers at the house of blues in chicago. easier to get to by train. and its on the weekend so i don't have to take a day off of work. its perfect

ok forget alice cooper hes too hard to get to. im going to attempt to see george thorogood and the destroyers at the house of blues in chicago. easier to get to by train. and its on the weekend so i don't have to take a day off of work. its perfect
Aloha

FORGET ALICE COOPER! .... a BLAST FROM THE PAST! .... Watch how you use the word OLD, young whippersnapper. :lol: :)

Enjoy whatever concert and train ride you get to, life is too short not to enjoy all you can

george thorogood and the destroyers at the house of blues in chicago.
Off topic, but I believe that's George Thorogood and the DELAWARE Destroyers. Band was named after a semi-pro baseball team.

KISS ALIVE, if you wanna rock and roll all night, and party every day, you're gonna like that gig, however you get there.

Try to get in close and watch Thorogood's guitar work. Very unusual style.

George Thorogood, just one helluva working man. I still think to this day they hold the record for most shows played in one year. It was like 310 shows in 365 days. Now remember, the band just doesn't walk on and play and go home, they "load in, load out" and do "meet and greets" with fans, record stores, radio stations, drive thier van if they don't have a tour bus etc and so forth. Playing that many gigs and working that hard deserves a round of applause!

Alice Cooper?!? :ph34r: I had a neighbor who told my sister at her 30th class reunion that she remembers her little brother (thats me) riding my bike on the last day of school around 1975 singing "Schools Out For Summer". She said it was the most hilarious thing she had seen. Some 4th grader belting out a Alice Cooper song while riding a bike with a banana seat!

Wished I could catch a train to go see the Dropkick Murphys in Omaha this coming Wednesday! Just gotta hitch a ride with a friend! :angry: Oh well....least I'm not driving to KC to see this time!

george thorogood and the DELAWARE destroyers did a 50 state tour in 50 days and no other band has matched that.i have 2 concert dvds by him. the reason for not seeing alice cooper is the ticket prices for the train jumped up in 30 minutes + most of the trains are sold out.

ticket prices for the train jumped up in 30 minutes + most of the trains are sold out.
IIRC, AlanB calls this the 1st lesson of Amtrak. If you see what you want online, BOOK. No hemming and hawing. Things might get better, but they're far more likely to get worse.

ok readingf reviews on the house of blues chicago. im not so sure i want to go basically all it is is a bar. $10 cover charge overpriced food and drinks. bouncers who beat you up for no reason. racists bad sound 10PM music cerfew on sunday no matter what the band. etc. anyone been here and whats it like.

I think there are two stages at the HOB -- the Music Hall (the main music venue) and the Back Porch Stage (bar stage).

I've only been in the Back Porch Stage, but it was pretty "upscale bar" nice. The stage was at the back end of the bar. There was good seating area and it sounded pretty good. If you get bored, you can just look at the ceiling the entire time (that's where they have friezes of blues artists).

As for the Music Hall -- I've got nothing.

ok readingf reviews on the house of blues chicago. im not so sure i want to go basically all it is is a bar. $10 cover charge overpriced food and drinks. bouncers who beat you up for no reason. racists bad sound 10PM music cerfew on sunday no matter what the band. etc. anyone been here and whats it like.
Aloha

Sorry I no nothing about Chicago, but my Daughter, knows theater, says good things about the LA area HOB.

ok got tickets to see Def Leppard with REO Speedwagon and Styx at the Joe Louis Arena sat augest 23ed. the seats i got are right on the ice so there great seats. later i will take amtrak to chicago and back. and will toss in a metra ride also.

ok got tickets to see Def Leppard with REO Speedwagon and Styx
Wouldn't be caught dead at gigs for any of those bands. I'd pay to get OUT.
I've seen Def Leppard twice over the years, last time was about 3 years ago.
The Who, or what's left of them - Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey - are playing L.A. in November at the new Nokia Theatre downtown. Already figured out I can get there easily by train (Amtrak to Red Line to Blue Line). So the question comes down to prices. Tickets officially go on sale next Monday, but already brokers are offering them, starting at $122. OUCH.

Who cares, Whooz? Townsend is a brit version of Michael Jackson anyways.

Now, if you want to go see the Harptones play at a theatre, I know where you can buy tickets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back