Seattle to Vancouver passport check

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H_X

Good morning! I'll be traveling on the 7:45 AM departure from Seattle to Vancouver. I have my ticket already. When I arrive at King Street Station, do I need to check in at the ticket office and show them my passport? Do Vancouver passengers line up in a separate area for passport checks before boarding? How much time should I allow? Thanks!

Since that train also carries passengers between several US stations, I assme the conductor will ask to see your passport when he/she lifts your ticket. And if you can't produce the appropriate entry documents for Canada, you will be advised to detrain at the last USA stop before the border (Bellingham?), since you will be denied entry into Canada. And you will have to show it again when you arrive at customs in Vancouver, or I assume Canadian authorities will put you on the next transport back to the USA if you can't produce the valid entry documents..

In Seattle, you need to check in at the counter in front of the entrance to the platforms, in order to get your seat assignment. At that point you will be asked to show your passport.

You will clear Canadian Immigration upon arrival in Vancouver.

Tip: Make sure to ask for a window seat on the left side - that's the Puget Sound side.

Coming back you clear U.S. Immigration PRIOR to boarding your train. You must allow AMPLE time for this, in addition to getting your seat assignment. How long it takes depends in part on the number of passengers traveling and on I assume the security alert level.

Note: If you're on an Amtrak Thruway bus in either direction, you will clear immigration at the actual border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back