Seat assignment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKA

OBS Chief
23 July 05, yes seats where assiged on the CL that night. It worked out very nicely. Conductor ask for single travelers at track side, gave them each a seat number stub. I informed him that we were six in one family. He could only seat four of us togeather. That was fine. My son his wife and our two granddaughters got to sit acrossed from one another. We were two rows back. This put single people togeather in double seats as it should be , so that families do not have to be split up. On the way back from CHI I found a small sing in the seat back that said, reserved for couples and families only. This was on the LSL. I suppose because of a sold out train seat assignment is the way to go. It works for me. :D

I have to agree with you. There is nothing more frustrating for those of us who board in the middle of the night than to have to try to find a place here or there for kids and the wife. I know it is much more comfortable to spread out over two seats when your trying to sleep, but it doesn't make any sense to split up a family over four or five rows or even more.

Back