Sea - Mke

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfmom

Train Attendant
I am a first timer and will be posting for much needed help!!! I have a roomette and was wondering if I need to bring my won towels for the shower? Any other info you all can give would be a great help!! :giggle:

I am a first timer and will be posting for much needed help!!! I have a roomette and was wondering if I need to bring my won towels for the shower? Any other info you all can give would be a great help!! :giggle:
Towels are provided. In a roomette, there's a shelf above the coat rack which is where they usually put them. I haven't used the shower on board yet, so I'm not sure if there's soap with the towels, but in any case, you can ask your SCA for some if you can't find any.

There should be a good supply of small bar soap in the Shower Room along with Bath Towels and a laundry bag to ditch your used towels. Bring your own Shampoo and Conditioners.

The last time I rode the Empire Builder from Seattle to Chicago, sleeper passengers received a little bag containing sample-size bottles of shampoo and conditioner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they normally supply those little pouches, but they do not always give them out. We took our own as well.

i usually take my own shampoo/body wash (generally obtained from a hotel)

AND take a cheap pair of flip flops!! wear them in the shower.

hold on..showering on a train is FUN!!
mosking.gif

i try to go early...that way the shower room tends to be cleaner.......

Showering on a train is fun! For me, the major benefits of paying extra for a sleeper are being able to sleep lying down flat, and having access to a shower. These simple amenities make my Amtrak trip wonderful.

Since I usually get up a couple of times in the middle of the night to watch the little stations we stop at and the towns we pass through, I'll often shower then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back