Scrapbooking an Amtrak trip -

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Metropolitan

OBS Chief
For the better half's upcoming "22nd" Birthday, I'm seriously considering including a scrapbook among the gifts to give her with which to document our recent trip to Chicago on the rails. She'd already saved all of her ticket stubs from both the trains and the attractions we visited, so I thought a scrapbook would make an ideal way to organize it all.

To back it up, I'm trying to make sure I cover all bases on the "embellishment." Sure I'll print out photos from the train and some shots from our stay in Chicago, and I'm also going to get some Chicago themed stickers, and hope to find some nice train stickers as well to complete that part of the package.

Any other ideas on what to include? Cutouts of the timetable? Map of the route? Newspaper clippings? CTA Map? Just want to make sure to cover the bases.

Well, I am an advid scrapbooker and have made albums for all of our trips (of course they are not all finished but that is part of being a scrapbooker it seems like you never completely finish projects!) I would be happy to offer advice or answer any questions.

Does your better half already scrapbook? If not, you will need to supply some basic supplies to include along with gift (the right adhesive, a trimmer, paper, etc.) if you want a list of what to get I will be happy to give some suggestions for a simple list.

Do you live near a "scrapbook store"? If so they would most likey have special extra fun embellishments that would be really great to include, such as train or travel themed paper. Otherwise Wal-Mart or Target has a decent selection. Michaels craft strores have pretty much everything. Costco also has a nice choice of things and you can order stuff online too.

Since she has saved good memorabilia from the trip that's a great start. The timetable, routemap, if you have a copy of the travel planner magazine that can be used to cut up and has maps etc. I tend to make my books geared toward the personal side - so lots of pictures and I like nice paper and that means solid colors to mat pictures and fun paper under that for the main page. A stamp set or two is helpful and ink to go with it. Like I said a lot has to do with whether or not she already scrapbooks and how much you want to spend!

Hope that helps some - let me know if offer more advice. Scrapbooking and trains are two of my favorite subjects! LOL! C.J.

I have found some real inexpensive t-shirts on Amtrak.com. I know it won't fit in a scrapbook, but its an inexpensive idea that piques' ones interest when wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back