scott

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sutton8596

Service Attendant
hi gang,

next week i'll take the 3 rivers nyc-chi. I've been tracking it's arrival times, which have been highly erratic. Yesterday it was over five hours late. I figured it might have been because of a truck that was hit, but the newspaper article said it was the Lakeshore Limited. Any idea what would make 3 rivers five hours late?

On the off chance that I miss my connection on the CZ, what will Amtrak do? Will I have the option of flying back or spend the night in Chicago at their expense?

Thanks for any info

I believe ns is doing trackwork on part of the 3rivers route. That could effect it. Amtrak would probably give you a few options. They may put you up in chi, transfer you to a train leaving at a later time(could end up on a bus for somepart too). Or they could fly you ahead of the train.

The Three Rivers would have to be over 6 1/2 hours late for you to miss your connection to the California Zephyr. Remember that the Three Rivers has a scheduled arrival at 7:45am and the California Zephyr doesn't depart until 2:20pm. I think you will make it. However, in the rare insatnce you don't, you will most likely be put up in a hotel room overnight and then be put on the next days train.

What would happen in this case if you had a sleeper reservation and the next day's train didn't have any available sleepers?

Well then they'd probably give you the option to fly to your destination (assuming there's a major airport nearby if you're going to Emeryville or Denver). Regardless you will be refunded your sleeper fare, and you should you decide to take the train in coach they'll give you priority if there are no show sleepers, and they should comp you meals in the Dining Car. When we have a cut out sleeper down here they always give the passengers from that car meals even though the sleeper fare was refunded, and since is a similar situation I would guess you should be able to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back