SB Hoosier State (850) of 1/23

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. The derail blew the 851 this AM, which meant the equipment wasn't there for the 850, I'm presuming (Hoosier State I think is sent out of Beech Grove, actually, rather than Chicago?).

Other than this one it's a very quiet evening. A couple of late trains in Michigan. Otherwise pretty much all green across the whole country. Nice to see.
I see some late trains in the east on Status Maps using Amtrak Based On-Time Standard. It was much worse this morning on the NEC, reportedly due to a wire down, track problem, and low power from a substation. Likely due to the cold snap that move into the east coast causing a large shift in temperatures over a several day period.

#51 is on time, so if the derailment is cleared, the IND-CHI corridor will be ok tomorrow. #50 is running only a couple of minutes late and will likely get into NYP early. Can't speak for the Hoosier States, but January has been a very good month so far for the Cardinals for staying on-time or close to it.

Other than this one it's a very quiet evening. A couple of late trains in Michigan. Otherwise pretty much all green across the whole country. Nice to see.
I see some late trains in the east on Status Maps using Amtrak Based On-Time Standard. It was much worse this morning on the NEC, reportedly due to a wire down, track problem, and low power from a substation. Likely due to the cold snap that move into the east coast causing a large shift in temperatures over a several day period.

#51 is on time, so if the derailment is cleared, the IND-CHI corridor will be ok tomorrow. #50 is running only a couple of minutes late and will likely get into NYP early. Can't speak for the Hoosier States, but January has been a very good month so far for the Cardinals for staying on-time or close to it.
Yup, Cardinals have been getting through the dreaded Buckingham Branch segment pretty well lately. Anything changed there to explain the good news?

Yup, Cardinals have been getting through the dreaded Buckingham Branch segment pretty well lately. Anything changed there to explain the good news?
I guess there wasen't much congestion or failures. But I don't know for sure.

Actually, according to Tweets from Amtrak, they were having major issues with the Portal Bridge this morning, which fowled everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back