San Diego

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redsandal

Train Attendant
Taking trip from LAX to San Diego, what is best station to use in San Diego? Hope to stay on Paradise Island, but not for sure. Want an actual station, not street corner and it's not clear from the website which is best. Thanks for your help!

Taking trip from LAX to San Diego, what is best station to use in San Diego? Hope to stay on Paradise Island, but not for sure. Want an actual station, not street corner and it's not clear from the website which is best. Thanks for your help!
Aloha

Where is Paradise Island? If it is where I think it is(in Mission Bay), then the the Old town Station would be better

If travelling on a holiday or weekend, take a morning train and use Old Town. If it's a weekday or a later train, use Santa Fe Depot (San Diego). Paradise Island is nice, you will enjoy it.

GG-1, you only beat me by 4 seconds grrrrr...

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Paradise Point? I think that used to be Vacation Village some years back. According to Google Maps, the Amtrak stop in Old Town is half the distance that the downtown station would be.

I assume you won't have checked luggage, as the Old Town stop (according to Amtrak) doesn't handle checked bags.

When I was in college in San Diego, back in the previous century, I had a professor who would go there for a week, preferring it to going out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back