San Diego to Michigan and back via Texas Eagle/SWC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great report, thanks for pointing me to it from my thread about my upcoming MORR/Chief/T.E. loop trip in March - you have made me look even more forward to my own trip!

Thully,

Enjoyed every word of your report-thanks for making the effort to share with the board. Those are my routes so it felt like I was following right along. I can't write a paragraph about my trips because that isn't a skill of mine. My skill is looking out the window. :)

One thing I noticed about this stop - and nearly everyone after it - was that it was announced on the PA with "Greater" appended as an adjective - I.e. "Greater Naperville". The only exceptions I've noticed tonight were Princeton (which was "Picturesque Princeton") and Fort Madison (which was just Fort Madison). Everything else was "Greater", even "Greater La Plata" which was pretty funny (though having this guy on the Eagle announcing "Greater Sanderson" would top that).
That's Steve! :) He's my favorite. We get to listen to his announcements every time we ride the SWC, a total of twelve times now. I can't believe we've had him on every trip. It's pretty funny.

Sometimes he'll go further and call Mendota "the Las Vegas of the Midwest" and make other silly comments about the towns in Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back