San Antonio station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouielady

Lead Service Attendant
I am traveling on the Texas Eagle on Friday, arriving in San Antonio Saturday night, with a connection to a thruway bus to McAllen. Since I have a (scheduled) 6 1/2 hour layover, I may want to leave the station for some fresh air, etc. Is anyone familiar with the San Antonio station? Are there lockers available to store luggage? Is there any restaurants, etc, close (within walking distance) to the station? Any other information that anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I don't remember seeing any lockers in there. The station is actually quite small. There is a Denny's a couple blocks away, but if it's night when you are there, you are better off getting a taxi...it's in the border of the rough area of town.

In July I will travel from CHI to LAX with the Texas Eagle and the Sunset Limited and will thus have a night layover in San Antonio.

Will I be able to leave the train for a short tour through town before midnight?

but if it's night when you are there, you are better off getting a taxi...it's in the border of the rough area of town.
Is walking really a risk?

Well, everything "to see" is about 1/2 mile or more away from the station. I would taxi it to the Riverwalk. I was there a month ago and I wasn't feeling too comfy walking around the streets. The Riverwalk area is ok, always lots of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back