San Antonio Amtrak cabs and hotel Indigo on the riverwalk

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

history buff

thanks for all the input regarding hotels in San Antonio.

Looks like we have settle on the Hotel Indigo on the Riverwalk, any coments are appreciated.

Also, we will be arriving off the Eagle, are cabs readily available that time of night at the station?

thanks to all for helping

I know nothing about the SA Hotel Indigo, but have stayed at Indigo's in St. Louis, Houston and Memphis and loved it every time! Older buildings built for other purposes that were remodeled into top noth properties.

Let us know how it was, please!

Looks like we have settle on the Hotel Indigo on the Riverwalk, any coments are appreciated. Also, we will be arriving off the Eagle, are cabs readily available that time of night at the station?
I cannot comment on the Hotel Indigo as I have no experience with it. However, I can tell you a bit about the cab situation. In general getting a cab when arriving is usually not that hard. They will typically line up along the curb just outside the station. They're easy to see and easy to get to. A few things can complicate the issue, such as very late trains and personal vehicles that inadvertently block the cabbie exit route, but for the most part this sort of thing is resolved within a few minutes. If you arrive and all the cabs are full just ask one of the drivers to call for more cabs. If you somehow arrive when there are no cabs at all you can ring them yourself. Two numbers for local cabs are Yellow Cab at 210-222-2222 or San Antonio Taxi at 210-444-2222. If you don't have a phone or your phone is dead you can ask the parking lot security guard to call one for you. If there is no security guard I'd just go back into the station and ask someone in there to call for you. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back