Sacramento Train Days

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljohn2030

Train Attendant
I took my stepsons to Amtrak's Train Days in Sacramento yesterday, and rode the Zephyr to and from Reno. Overall a fantastic experience, and kudos to all the hard work that Amtrak personnel put in to making it work. It seemed very well attended and we had a great time. Definitely 2 more rail fans!

Hubby and I went today (it was our 49th anniversary), and had a great time. Lots of freebies in the museum, and the exhibit train was wonderful. We especially enjoyed meeting up with fellow AUers Bobnjulie. We had lunch aboard the Delta King, and they paid for our lunch as an anniversary present. According to Julie, this is a tradition for 49th anniversaries. Never hear of it, but thank you so much!

image.jpg

Such a great display. If asked, the only feedback I would give is that they missed a huge opportunity to market roomette and sleepers. They had a mock up of a viewliner roomette in daytime mode but I was pointing out the top bunk which comes down and a gentleman was like, "I was wondering what it looked like." I know roomettes are small but they can be very affordable and the visual of being able to see it and "test drive" one would, I believe, lead to more bookings.

A link to some pictures....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97163322@N02/sets/72157653797544089

and hasn't everyone heard of not paying for anything on your 49th!!! anniversary? ;)

Congrats on ya'lls 49th Patti, and what a nice way to spend the day, trains and sharing a meal with a couple of really cool rail fans!

I guess California doesn't follow the 49th Anniversary protocol, since marriages that last a month out there are considered news! LOL

Hope you're healing up from your injury, and I know you're planning your next rail adventure!

Congrats on the 49th! I went Saturday morning when it opened (which for anyone who knows me and my love of waking up at noon on a Saturday realizes was a big deal :cool: ) it was nice and decently crowded...we all should have coordinated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how the Amtrak china is protected by a plastic case. We visited that musem a few years back during our trip to SF. We actually rented a car and drove up to SAC....it was great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the 49th! I went Saturday morning when it opened (which for anyone who knows me and my love of waking up at noon on a Saturday realizes was a big deal :cool: ) it was nice and decently crowded...we all should have coordinated.
We will work on that for next year. It would be fun to get a group of us together for that day.
Thanks for the 49er congrats, y'all! And yes, my arm is much better today. It still looks creepy with that unique shade of purple that defies description, though!

I was there early on the first morning. An Amtrak rep was distributing printed versions of the latest system timetable at the time. I wonder how long that lasted before she ran out?

Hubby and I went today (it was our 49th anniversary), and had a great time. Lots of freebies in the museum, and the exhibit train was wonderful. We especially enjoyed meeting up with fellow AUers Bobnjulie. We had lunch aboard the Delta King, and they paid for our lunch as an anniversary present. According to Julie, this is a tradition for 49th anniversaries. Never hear of it, but thank you so much!
What!?! Wait a minute! Is Lynne wearing a VIA t-shirt? To an Amtrak Train Day? Shame on her. :giggle:

Wearing a VIA shirt to an Amtrak event is similar to wearing a Dodgers jersey at a Yankees/Red Sox game. :giggle:

LOL! It was an all-train love..... and my Zephyr hat did get a comment or two! Also, they had a lot of printed timetables. Oh... while I was looking at my swag, I noticed that my Amtrak 40th Anniversary Locomotives postcard was actually signed by Andy Fletcher! That must have been them there! Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back