Rotating Menus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcarsyix

Service Attendant
Amtrak's web pages still advertizes rotating menus, but the downloadable sample menus are the same for all of the western trains. Do they still rotate the menus, or am I going to have the same choices on my CZ, SWC, CS trip?

I think they're rotational in the sense that they get swapped out every 3-6 months, not in the sense that the services have unique menus. They have gotten better about offering some regional inspired cuisine versus the standardized menus of the late 90s/early 2000s. But in an effort to cut costs the days of having a different menu for every route have gone.

The latest menus on the website are dated 11/13, so hopefully they'll get updated soon. Secondly, I think that Railroad French Toast should ALWAYS be on the menu. Instead, most of them have pancakes. That is a TRAVESTY.

The latest menus on the website are dated 11/13, so hopefully they'll get updated soon. Secondly, I think that Railroad French Toast should ALWAYS be on the menu. Instead, most of them have pancakes. That is a TRAVESTY.
I was looking forward to Railroad French Toast last month when I traveled, and had to settle for pancakes :(

Betweem March 26 and April 3 on the CZ, CS and EB it was French Toast at every breakfast on all trains of my trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back