roomette with in-room toilet, does it smell?

Discussion in 'Amtrak Rail Discussion' started by sleepybobcat, Jun 3, 2010.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jun 4, 2010 #26

dlagrua

dlagrua

dlagrua

Conductor

According to my research the in-room toilet was designed primarily to offer privacy and accomodate those that sleep in the nude.

2. Jun 4, 2010 #27

sueb

s

sueb

Train Attendant

The accessible bedroom on Superliners also has an out in the open toilet and sink, although the toilet is about 2 1/2 ft away from the bed. I greatly appreciated the in-room facilities when traveling with my handicapped adult son. I can't leave him unattended to go use a toilet elsewhere in the train and he can't use the toilet without assistance, so in-room toilet was much easier for us to handle. Didn't notice any smells or residue problems over 2 and 3 day trips. I guess I'm just used to a lack of bathroom privacy. It sure beats taking my son into a shopping mall ladies' room handicapped stall with me while I get the evil eye from the others using the place.

3. Jun 4, 2010 #28
    pop a pair of pj bottoms in the overnight bag,

4. Jun 4, 2010 #29
    absolutley!! fun, fun, fun,!!!! there is quite a comfy feeling passing someone in the corridor wearing pj's or a nighty, u feel like you have known each other for years, makes u want to giggle !!!

5. Jun 5, 2010 #30

Trainmans daughter

Trainmans daughter

Trainmans daughter

OBS Chief

And braid each others hair and tell ghost stories!

6. Jun 5, 2010 #31

mercedeslove

mercedeslove

mercedeslove

Lead Service Attendant

How could I forget all those!

who wants a makeover!?!

7. Jun 5, 2010 #32

Trainut

Trainut

Trainut

Train Attendant

On the EB a year ago, in a bed room, the SA gave out a printed sheet with quite a few tips on riding in a sleeper. One of the tips pertains to this thread, it said "After doing a #2 PLEASE do a double flush."

Gets the smell out immediately, and then you get the paper work done.

8. Jun 5, 2010 #33

sleepybobcat

s

sleepybobcat

Train Attendant

what paper work???

9. Jun 5, 2010 #34
    hubby has just said, why do people get embarresed walking around a train corriador in the middle of the night, when they are quite happy to sit round a swimming pool or on the beach in far skimpier spedos than underwear!!!

10. Jun 5, 2010 #35

dlagrua

dlagrua

dlagrua

Conductor

Proper mode of dress is done to follow the protocol of the activity that you are engaged in. If you are on a public beach of course the attire will be minimal. However, do you really want to walk the halls of a sleeper at 3 AM solo in a bikini? It could present a salety issue if you happen to cross paths with someone who is unbalanced. Wearing full length PJ's as you head to the restroom should be OK but its a good idea to forget the "baby dolls".

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  11. Jun 6, 2010 #36

George

G

George

Service Attendant

Just make sure you use two-ply paper so you can keep a copy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Jun 6, 2010 #37
    Geez, Louise, after reading some of these posts, I wonder how humans ever evolved to our present state, whatever that is...

Green-Maned Lion said it all: Take a chill pill!!! (Unless it gives you the runs, of course!) hee hee hee

13. Jun 6, 2010 #38

alanh

a

alanh

OBS Chief

The room is pretty small and the airflow from the A/C is pretty high, so the air in the room gets blown out pretty quickly. It's more of a problem in the bedrooms which have enclosed toilets.

And in the immortal works of Adam Savage, "There's poo everywhere!" Mythbusters has done several segments on bacterial contamination (toothbrushes, floors, household items). In all of them they found fecal coliform bacteria all over. Just wash your hands frequently and you'll be fine.