Roomette with different destination question?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be a silly question but is it possible to share a roomette with my spouse but have different destinations? We both have families "up north" and we were going to use our AGR points to book a roomette from our home in the south to Syracuse NY. The trip requires us to have a short layover in NY Penn Station but I was thinking that it might be a perfect time for me to visit my family in CT so my spouse would take the Lake Shore Limited to Syracuse from Penn station as we originally planned and I would take the Northeast Regional from Penn station to CT. Will the AGR rep issue the tickets for the second leg of our journey to different destinations for the original 15,000 AGR points or do you think I would have to buy another ticket to go on to CT? Thanks so much.

Yes, it is possible. Book both passengers to the farthest destination. (If one goes to Jacksonville and the other to Orlando, book both to Orlando.) In your case, book both to SYR. You must pay for the NYP to CT portion yourself, and if you're also going to SYR and can't get back in time for the connecting train, you would either have to pay from CT to SYR or redeem another award.

Back