Roomette earning question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Train McGhee

Train Attendant
I am preparing a trip to Chi from PHL with my girlfriend and I wanted to know how the points distribution works for a Roomette purchase?

The base fare to chi is about 90 per person, and then the Roomette is an additional $225. So, who receives the points earning for the Roomette purchase?

If we both travel on our AGR numbers, I know that we are each supposed to earn for our travel on the $90, but where does the $225 go?

Ok, thanks, getting excited for my trip!

I am preparing a trip to Chi from PHL with my girlfriend and I wanted to know how the points distribution works for a Roomette purchase?

The base fare to chi is about 90 per person, and then the Roomette is an additional $225. So, who receives the points earning for the Roomette purchase?

If we both travel on our AGR numbers, I know that we are each supposed to earn for our travel on the $90, but where does the $225 go?

Ok, thanks, getting excited for my trip!
The Points for the Roomette will go to the AGR Members Account that is listed First on the Rez, either one of you, your choice! Just be certain that both of ya'lls Numbers are on the Rez so you Both get credit for the Rail Fare!! Are you signed up for the Spring Double/Triple Point Promo? If not, be sure and Sign up ASAP!!!

Jim is correct!
ohmy.gif

Just to clarify what he said - You (Train) and your gf (Training) are going and Train is listed first on the rez for the roomette. Train will receive AGR points for the rail fare and the accommodation charge ($90 + $225 = $315) or 630 points! Training will receive credit for her rail fare alone ($90) or 180 points. and if you signed up for the double/triple points, these amounts would be doubled or tripled - if the travel is within the dates if the promotion!
smile.gif

Ok, thanks for the help guys! $630 points might really help me get on the way to select for 2012!

Side question, if I qualify for select mid year, does the status update right away (when the point post) and when would it last till? Thanks!

Ok, thanks for the help guys! $630 points might really help me get on the way to select for 2012!

Side question, if I qualify for select mid year, does the status update right away (when the point post) and when would it last till? Thanks!
Yes, once you post 5000 rail points any time this year, you'll start earning the 25% Select point bonus, and you'll get a 2012 package of upgrades and lounge passes about a month later. You'll get another goodie pack in early 2013. Status will be good through end of Feb 2014.

Back