Room Upgrade?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njulian

Service Attendant
I'm heading out next Thursay on a multi train trip, and noticed that on one leg the cost of a bedroom is very reasonable. I have roomettes all the way, but if there's a way to just upgrade to a bedroom on that leg, I'd like to do so. Is this possible by calling Amtrak or would they have to reschedule the whole trip? If that won't work, is it possible to upgrade n the station if the lower cost bedroom is still available? (doubtful).

And say you want to MODIFYING your Rez.

May be a long wait on the phone due to the problems on the NEC.

Too true--even though we have the roomette figured out and can be happy there (hey, it's on the train!), it's always nice to be in a bedroom.

We have also done the two roomettes across from each other. Being able to ride on either side, and both having a bottom berth, is sweet.

But that Viewliner H room is like a private car--at least until I actually ride in a private car.

Wow..got a bedroom upgrade on one leg for $100. First time tryiing a Bedroom :)
The problem with getting a bedroom is that many times folks, after riding in one, don't want to go back to a roomette!!
I'll second that! Last Summer I was upgraded to a Viewliner H Room Richmond to West Palm and felt like I had a Private Car to myself.
The Viewliners H-Room is the best room on Amtrak by far! (I personally hate the Superliner H-Room.) I'll take it over the bedroom any day. But the bedrooms are certainly better than roomettes. :)

Really want to ruin it for the roomettes? Buy two bedrooms and open them into a suite. We've done that a couple times for multi night trips, its incredible! That's the closest one can get to a private car without having a private car! I have also done the Family BR solo a few times when roomettes were sold out. Also a great way to go. Enjoy the Bedroom, its a nice step up!

We've upgraded last year on our trip, and as other said, You really don't want to go back to the roomette! LOL

I think our plans is, one night trip we will do the roomette, and two nights will do the bedroom or if there's another couple traveling with us.

I checked out the price on bedrooms for other legs..some were sold out at this late date, of course, and at over $1,000 for that upgrade I'll smoosh into a roomette. It will be fun to experience that huge (to me) bedroom this one time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back