River Runner Schedule Shift

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monorailfan

"It’s far more likely that Topeka passenger would have to lay over at Union Station until the 4 p.m. River Runner, arriving in St. Louis at 9:40 p.m. The change cuts the Topeka-to-St. Louis trip from more than 15 hours to a little more than seven."

http://www.examiner.net/news/x1775207383/Amtrak-schedule-shift-means-more-passengers-will-pass-through-EJC

I guess this is good news for the folks west of KC and in terms of the bigger picture. However, my family and I will no longer being riding in westbound 311 to KC. As it stands now, 311 will not arrive at KCY until 2:55, and 316 leaves KCY at 4:00. 1 hour is simply not enough time to enjoy Union Station and many other things nearby. The old schedule got you into KC Union Station closer to 2pm, and at least 2hrs gave us time to do something.....

So for other than just a joyride on the train, looks like we'll be driving to KC Union Station, as will lots of other day-trippers into Union Station

Well, frankly, even the old schedule wasn't very useful for day-trippers to the endpoints. Most people would like to spend more than two hours at a destination, especially if the trip is going to take up the entire day.

The new schedule is good news for anyone traveling from a station on the Southwest Chief west of Kansas City to a station on the Missouri River Runner east of Kansas City. In particular, it makes it much easier (more practical) to connect from the Southwest Chief to St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back