rental cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kk

Hi,

We will be arriving by Amtrak into Buffalo Depew the night before thanksgiving at 9pm. We need to rent a car and are not very thrilled with the airport prices. Anyone have any suggestions of off-site locations so we can avoid the airport taxes?

Thanks,

KK

I have always had good luck and great prices with Enterprise off airport locations; however your late arrival time may present a problem on pick up. If you call the rental location directly, they may be able to make arrangements for late pick up. And through the end of the year, you get TRIPLE AGR Points with Enterprise.

Are you using discount codes? Most airport car rental locations are corporate and codes can reduce the price a lot. Off-airport places are usually franchises and don't accept codes. I always hear people say to look at off-airport companies so you don't have to pay the concession fees, but using discount codes I have never found it advantageous to go off-airport.

We've gotten the best rates using National at the airport location. That's all they have in Lafayette. They're not a big fish, nat everywhere, but they do have low rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back