Rental Car in Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could a person leave his luggage at King Street Station, walk to the Budget office, get the car, and drive back to the station for his luggage?

I, too, am a first time visitor to Seattle. Will be arriving June 7th on the Empire Builder. I chose Budget rental because it looks like it is walkable.
Keep in mind that although the 4th & Columbia Budget location is only about a half mile from King Street Station, it is much higher. A quick look at a topo map says the elevation gain is in the neighborhood of 150 feet. It is walkable, but if you are toting luggage it may be more exertion than you bargained for.
I walk to/from work every day which is 2 miles each direction which has about the same grade, so I should be fine. :)
With luggage? :eek:
I walk to work with a backpack loaded down with a laptop & accessories, books, etc. :) Also I am travelling with my wife, daughter, and my parents. I was thinking of just leaving the luggage with them as my dad and I hike over to Budget up the hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your checking bags already you can simply wait to retrieve them until you've gotten the car, driven back to the station, and are ready for them. Amtrak always gives you 48 hours to retrieve your bags before charging you (I've picked my bags up the next day or gone a different route from my luggage such as CHI to NYP via Washington but all luggage is through from CHI to NYP normally via the Lake Shore Limited). Sometimes it's taken them a moment to find them, like the time I realized my luggage had spent the day riding the baggage cart at Merced (I had made a few photo stops along the way) and in Seattle (I made another stop on my way there) I found that my bag had never been taken off the baggage belt and simply left on it. At most other stations your luggage is put in a back room and I've also found my luggage in Milwaukee and Syracuse basically plopped on the floor of the ticket office with slightly confused agents.

The story of the The SubwayNut's luggage and from my many Amtrak stopovers...(with my luggage often sent straight through).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back