rare miles

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One reroute I wouldn't mind experiencing is when the Empire Builder needs to take the BNSF St. Croix sub along the Mississippi to LaCrosse, WI instead of usual River Sub on the Canadian Pacific. I'd love to see the Mississippi/Lake Pepin from the other side for a change. :cool:

Dan

I suppose thew most obvious one for me would be going from MKE to Madison via the WSOR route. Other options would include going from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale via Cincinnati & the Royal Palm route.
How about Milwaukee to Chicago via Kenosha? Ever done that?
As long as I'm fantasizing, I'll include the route SE from Superior, connecting to Chippewa Falls & Eau Claire, then south to Madison. Another rare mileage treat. Or maybe the run between PdC & MSN. One can always dream. :)

Could please PLEASE. Make a site that posts rare mile opportunities :wub:

This would include Amtrak and commuter detours and the occasional private trip (like the annual aaprco trip) that you can buy tickets for. Sadly you cannot use ARG miles for those or pay less than an arm and a leg :lol:

But seriously a site where people can post and update that type of information, even if it is a few hours before the trip would be an asset to rail fans.
What a great idea!

If I saw a chance for getting some rare miles on a reroute or other means....I'll be there! Just need enough notice to 'play hookey' and leave on a jet plane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back