Railworks getting a lot of Amtrak Content...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being an avid user of Trainz, I'm not at all impressed with the Acela they have pictured. I also wouldn't call one trainset "a lot of amtrak content"

Guess I'll keep with the better simulator....

peter

Being an avid user of Trainz, I'm not at all impressed with the Acela they have pictured.
I used to be an avid user of Trainz. What burned me out was the way that they kept moving the goalposts with each Trainz version -- which broke content which was optimized for earlier versions of Trainz.

I also wouldn't call one trainset "a lot of amtrak content"
Well, lets see; the entire Acela trainset means at least the power car, coach car, dining car and first class car. And if you want to have an AEM-7, you need Amfleets for it to pull. So that's two trainsets in a short period for a sim that previously had zero (0) official Amtrak content.

To be honest, I am also bummed out by railworks as well. Less european content and much more US content is needed.

I'd love a NEC run on Railworks.
Hopefully you will soon!

New York to PhiladelphiaBy RailSimulator.com

We are excited to announce that we are starting production of a new expansion pack set on the North East Corridor between New York and Philadelphia. This is the biggest project undertaken by RailSimulator.com. While we have no fixed launch date we do anticipate completion by late spring 2011.

We would appreciate any help RailWorks users can offer and we have set up a Facebook album, which we would love you to contribute useful assets to. Please send them to [email protected].
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.473788438090.257988.258680273090

Railworks 2 was about $8 on Steam the other day. Now I'm really looking forward to the NEC and Amtrak content.

Based on their Facebook and in-game news, it looks like the NEC and Amtrak packs will come out in August. Looks like they'll have an AEM-7, Acela set, P42 and Amfleets. I haven't seen anything about other equipment, but then for the PHL-NYP segment, you don't really have to have Viewliners, Superliners, and Horizons.

Ok, it looks like the Northeast Corridor route will be out on August 25! This route will cover New York to Philadelphia. I don't know what beyond the mainline is covered (keystone, commuter lines, Sunnyside yard, etc.), but the pictures posted so far on the Railsimulator Facebook page look accurate for what is there.

Back